Friday, April 27, 2012

Conversation With Mom 18

Dearest Mommy,

Your birthday came and went and I didn't even mention anything to you. Your 62nd birthday was on April 6, 2012. It's not that I didn't want to wish you a happy birthday, it is just that I was just too wrapped up in pain to broach the subject with you.

It was the 2nd birthday you weren't around for. I miss getting you cakes and surprising you with one sort of knick-knacks or the other.

This year, a week before your birthday the family went to your grave and cleaned up your resting place and Dad planted the orchid that he got for you on the last birthday you were around. It had bloomed for the first time and Dad thought it fitting that you should celebrate your birthday with your birthday orchid.

I couldn't get you a cake anymore, but I went online and found you a pretty picture of a birthday cake and were you here that is the kind of cake that I'd want to get for you.
                                                      Happy Belated Birthday Mommy!

Don't you think the cake looks pretty Mommy? I know you would have loved it if you were here and that cake was for real.

I love you Mom and I miss you. Always.

Hope that where ever you are, you are safe and happy.

R.I.P. Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment