Wednesday, February 27, 2013

What would have been the 38th anniversary

Happy Anniversary Mommy and Daddy!


Had Mom lived till today, it would have been Mom and Dad's 38th anniversary. as it is they only saw 35 years together. The other three dad only celebrate in remembrance of what once was.

It has been exactly 2 years 3 months and 24 days since Mom moved on. And in those span of time, we've celebrated Mom and dad's anniversary, Mom's birthday, Mother's dad, and Mom's moving on day. 

As the years go, these celebrations will come again and again and I foresee it will still hit me hard not to be able to celebrate these occasions with Mom and not to have to celebrate the day that marked her passing.

I don't know about other people who have lost their loved ones. But for me, the saying that it gets better with time, well it hasn't proved true to me yet. Or maybe it is just that not enough time has passes by. Whatever it is, up till today, the pain is still the same.

It seems that it was just yesterday that we laid her to rest. It still feels so recent and I am still raw inside. My heart hasn't stopped aching for Mom ever since that cold Thursday night when Along called and said mom was no longer with us.

All these words that I write in this blogs... I know they sound repetitious somehow... after all how many ways can one say one is bereaved and missing the departed? Yet every post I write keeps Mom's presence alive and relevant still in my life and so I will write in various ways the desolation I feel at Mom's passing.

Al-Fatihah Mom. Happy Anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment