Thursday, March 21, 2013

Mom's Lost Recipes

I've written in previous posts how Mom was an incredible cook who had amazing recipes for innumerable recipes that I can't even begin to name. I think I've also mentioned how Along and I failed to learn most of the dishes that are our favorites that only Mom seemed to be able to make.

Among the dishes that mom made that we all miss are kerabu pucuk paku, laksa lemak, ikan sarak, karipap... to name a few.

Dad had been wanting to eat laksa lemak and kerabu pucuk paku for a while now but we don't know how to make it. Dad looked up the recipes online and ask me to make them.

Laksa Lemak

A few days ago I attempted laksa lemak. It turned out pretty good... but not like the one Mom used to make. I made a second attempt but I tweaked the recipe as close to an approximation of what I remember Mom making and it turned out great.

Today, I made kerabu pucuk paku. It turned out amazing but different from Mom's recipe. I guess we have a new recipe for Kerabu Paku now.

Kerabu Pucuk Paku

No matter how wonderful the new recipes I learned turns out, it would never compare to the dishes that Mom made using her own recipes. 

Another reason Mom will be missed always.

R.I.P Mom. Al-Fatihah

No comments:

Post a Comment